Monday, January 02, 2006

Great moments in children's literature

1. In Britain, the frequency of accidents involving children drops dramatically on the weekends when the latest Harry Potter books come out. J. K. Rowling actually has a significant effect on national health statistics.

2. Here is just what the world needs: a novelization of the movie version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. (I saw this movie -- three times, in fact, which is once more than I saw King Kong. The Narnia movie really is quite amazingly well done. I can see why someone would think it could make a great book....)

3. And finally, there is a problem with certain copies of the talking book Potty Time with Elmo. Instead of asking, "Who wants to go to the potty?" (as in most copies), in these Elmo asks, "Who wants to die?" As a parent of two girls, thankfully long past potty training, I can't imagine that this helps.

("Hat tips", as they say, to Instapundit and to The Corner at NRO.)

BTW, sorry for my long absence. I've been using my writing time for other projects. But there will be many more posts here in 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home