Storyblogging Carnival XLI
- Brandon at Julius Speaks gives us our briefest entry, titled Beginning of a Story (230 words). An interesting and evocative vignette.
- Mark A. Rayner at the skwib presents Thag not like politics! (500 words, rated PG). Mark provides no blurb, but if you've followed Thag's adventures so far, you'll know what to expect!
- Rory at What not to do in Australia presents More Important Things (2977 words plus a short foreword). In the foreword, Rory writes,
Reading this one is the same -- once you get on, there's nowhere to get off till the end.
- From Sheya Joie of Tales by Sheya, we have the next two chapters (Chapter 22 and Chapter 23) of the child (3614 words, rated roughly PG). Sheya says:
- And finally, right here at Zeroth Order Approximation, I'm pleased to present both Part III and Part IV of The Pasadena Rule (10,900 words, for a total of about 25,000, rated PG). This is an old-fashioned "hard" science fiction novella about the human exploration of Venus -- with, I hope, enough twists and thrills to keep you interested. (If you've been waiting till the whole story's posted to begin reading it, now's your chance. Here's Part I.)